- Leave a comment saying "Beam me up Scotty!"
- I'll respond by asking you five questions to satisfy my curiosity.
- Update your journal with the answers to your questions.
- Include this explanation and offer to ask other people questions.
Okay, so a few days ago I asked darkqueenmeg for questions, and here were the ones she gave me:
1-What is your OTP? (you can pick a couple,cause i know i'd pick 2 in ST alone :P )
2-What are your top 3 fave movies and why?
3-What kind of music do you listen to?
4-Who is your fave author and which one of their books would you recommend to me?
5-What was your fave childhood tv show?
1. What is your OTP? I tend to have one OTP per fandom, no more, no less. Trek has been extremely strange in that I kind of have two. Or possibly more, depending on if you count TOS and AOS as one fandom or two. I guess... hmmm, my first real OTP that I fell in love with and wrote for was Jeeves & Wooster. They are just so MFEO that it's ridic. So in a way, that'll always be my favorite. It's not a fandom that I'm really participating in anymore, though. For RPS, Stephen Fry/Hugh Laurie is my OTP. And my current favorite pairing is probably Pike/McCoy, although I hardcore 'ship Jim/Bones too, which kind of negates the concept of "OTP" but I call them both OTPs anyway because I CAN, DAMMIT. Um, did that answer the question at all, in any way, shape, or form? Hmmm.
2. What are your top 3 fave movies and why? Oh man, this is so hard. These are the ones that pop to my head, not necessarily the ones that I'd come up with if I gave it hard thought for three hours, so don't hold me to it, okay? :D Umm: The Last Unicorn, which was my favorite childhood movie and still has so much nostalgia for me. I love the soundtrack (YES, it was by AMERICA and it ROCKED, so I don't want to hear a word against it) and for a children's movie, it's surprisingly bittersweet. Lost in Translation, which just hit me exactly at the right place and time in my life. I related to it so completely, and I thought it was a gorgeous movie and I loved Bill Murray and I'd never seen Scarlett Johansson before and she is just so damn beautiful in it. It seems to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it films, and I can see why. Star Trek XI. Come on, you didn't think I was going to forget it, did you? :P The movie itself was awesome, but the fannish energy and enthusiasm it has spawned elevates it beyond its inherent artistic merits, in my view.
3. What kind of music do you listen to? Primarily rock. Fairly mainstream stuff for the most part: classic rock, alternative, adult-oriented rock (think KFOG, if you're in the bay area). I also like some electronica, some r&b, a tiny bit of hip-hop and country, some classical, and probably some other genres I'm forgetting. I adore Radio Paradise, an online radio station. I discover a lot of my new music through it, although I go in phases where I retreat into a musical cave and only listen to familiar stuff.
4. Who is your fave author and which one of their books would you recommend to me? Oh man, another hard one! I tend to like individual books more than being dedicated to any particular author. There are very few authors whose entire oeuvre I've read. I usually call Watership Down my favorite book, because I have loved it so much, for so many years. That is definitely one I'd recommend! Don't know if I could call Richard Adams a favorite author since I haven't read anything else of his, though.
5. What was your fave childhood tv show? Well, if you're talking early childhood, of course I loved Sesame Street. The highlight of my young life was meeting Bob on an airplane. I don't remember it, but according to my mom, I shrieked at full volume "MOM, MOM, IT'S BOB! IT'S BOB!" He was apparently very nice about it. :) I also loved 3-2-1 Contact - anyone else remember that one? The Bloodhound Gang was my favorite part. :D I also remember watching Dallas with my parents every week, although looking back, I'm betting that half of what was going on flew right over my head. Probably better that way.
So there's that! Anyone else want to play? :D