Shamelessly stolen from linelenagain, the Kirk/McCoy fic contest meme!
Below are some lines from fifteen of my fave K/M fics. Name the fic and author! Rather than having a contest with a deadline to submit entries, because I'm so much lazier than that, I'm making it more like a race, or one of those song quote memes. If you know one, just leave a comment, and I'll credit and strike-thru the entries as they get named!
I'm not promising fic as a prize, but if I feel motivated, I may decide to write a little something for winner/participants. We'll see. :P
Most of all, though, I hope you have fun! And if you haven't read these fics, then you're in for a treat. If people enjoy, I may do this again because omg I have SO many awesome fics bookmarked. So if yours isn't on this list, I apologize, and it doesn't mean I didn't love it!
ETA: So, some of these I apparently made too tough! I'm adding a bit extra to the ones that haven't been guessed yet, to help nudge your memories. The two lines are not necessarily consecutive. Good luck, bbs, hope this helps!
3. It is the same image, except in THIS one that beautiful mouth is open and doing something delicately, precisely obscene to that sensor with teeth and tongue, the eyes no longer far away but luminous and challenging.One of Many Pictures by northatlantic
4. Only a xenolinguist could so skillfully blend hope and skepticism into one dulcet tone.
“Seriously?” she asks, still chuckling and shaking her head. “Have you never had sex with someone you actually cared about?”Borrowing Trouble by savoytruffle
5. The regretful news that your husband, CMO Lt. Cmdr. Leonard H. McCoy, C567-3142MD, was killed in action on stardate 2264.134 on Rigel V has already been delivered to you by Admiral James Komack.
Jim’s pulse stutters for the lost half of a second; he blinks, and the names, the details on the pad in front of him shift before his eyes: Dear Mrs. Favarro; your daughter, Ensign Jacquelyn S. Favarro; killed in action... Beta Canopus, sorely missed - his own signature pending at the bottom. Par Avion by hitlikehammers
6. “Hell if I know. But my attitude is, when a lady asks to be pleasured a little differently this time, a gentleman doesn’t refuse.”
His tummy was already rumbling, just from the sight of Bones in his apron holding his Wooden Spoon of Deliciousness.DILF by janice_lester
7. The figure kneeled next to him, pulling him up by the shoulders, blocking the harsh light and staring at him with wide, familiar eyes. They were green and brown, like spring, without a trace of winter.Before the Dawn by linelenagain
8. With 1,100 people demanding his attention, with crewmembers prizing little bits of his time like shiny presents, it seemed unfair, not to say a little desperate, to presume on an Academy friendship that Kirk might well have outgrown.
"Ah, I get it,” McCoy said, with relief. “Some of the younger crewmembers have developed a crush on you. Well, I can’t say I haven’t noticed. Do you really think it’s a problem? It sounds pretty harmless to me."Cura Te Ipsum by lindmere
9. "Are you gonna make me say it, Jim?" Bones breathes out, gruff, accent grown more pronounced, like always when he's angry or nervous out of his mind.In Truth by mint_amaretto
10. Jim thinks maybe he needs to see a therapist, though, because he’s starting to think that Creepy Thief sounds sexy.Drawn In by inell
11. The moon pie’s too sickly-sweet taste clinging to his tongue, his teeth coated in marshmallow, he stared at the star field, crossed his legs and found himself remembering spring break, their first year at the academy...
I understand you consider yourself an extraordinarily adept lover, James, and I am led to believe that you have the unparalleled ability to give all of your fortunate and numerous partners, of varied genders, and species, that which you modern, godless, materialistic and vacuous twenty-third century citizens refer to as, ‘a great fuck’.Stop Looking at Me by sangueuk
13. Just then, Scotty arrived, waving a data chip. "I’ve got it!" He went straight to the player and cued up the video. Jim threw his head back and laughed as the title card came up.
"Dude, I’m on this one!"
The car’s rear bumper dipped a bit as the driver punched the gas straight towards the edge. The people watching held their breath, even though they knew it would all turn out okay – the man was sitting next to them, for God’s sake – but still the fear choked them. Earth's Wildest Police Chases by quiet1katie
14. Jim can't help it, he still needs this. He replays the video of his second attempt at the Kobayashi Maru and the way that Bones had turned to him and stared as they lost. Again.Something More by wook77
15. Jim stands still for a moment, still a little breathless from the kiss, frustration and arousal warring on his features. He licks his lips, and shifts tactics. "But Bones ... Bones, I want you." He's trying for seductive, but it comes out kind of petulant instead.The Doctor and the Impatient by yeomanrand and shinychimera